Wednesday, April 27, 2011

March: JJ turns 6!

March was a very fun and exciting month!  JJ turned 6 years old!  We also received the kids new birth certificates this month.  Very weird!  If appears as if I was there the day she was born and in fact gave birth to her.  Meanwhile, I was finishing my senior year and had three months until I graduated Bible College.  Crazy! I'm sure this is something "Mama Weav" would have noticed, LOL (for all of you from WCBC).  We also started doing respite foster care again one weekend a month to help prepare our kids for any placements and/or siblings.

On their first "playdate" I had fairies, princesses, truck driver, and repairmen running all over the house.  It was quite entertaining. C had to "step up" and be a "big boy".  They both did very well.

For JJ birthday we went with a homeschool group on a train ride to Seattle.  The kids and I went (it was all of our first time on the train).  I don't know who was more excited them or me!  The ride was very comfortable.  We went to the Pacific Science Center.  The kids especially loved the butterfly garden and had me chasing around different butterflies to get a picture.  "Look at that one, we don't have a picture of that one yet Mom!"  Then we rode a city bus down to Pike's Place.  We looked at the fish and the birthday girl got a red tulip.  Next we picked up chicken nugget happy meals (birthday girls dinner of choice) and took a city bus back to the train station.  It was a long day, but we had a blast.  The question is... ...how do you top a birthday like that? ( :
Got new Bar stools for the kitchen island ( :






No comments:

Post a Comment