Sunday, March 3, 2013

2013 January & February

     January was a blur! Then February brought friends, fun, family, and adventure.  We started the month with the kids big recital!  This was Caleb's first!  He was very composed, despite his nervousness and both played their pieces beautifully.


     We had a few sunny days and Caleb took advantage of them by playing in the dirt!  Got to take advantage of the fact that there is nothing planted in the garden yet.  Who needs a sandbox? ( :

     Next, I escaped to Las Vegas to spend a weekend with Tearsa and her family.  We had a blast participating in the Color Run (all proceeds went to help a local food bank).  It was so encouraging to see so many friends still faithful serving and Liberty Baptist Church and many new faces.  My heart was blessed to see a few of the girls from my first year as a teacher (now in 8th grade?, yikes! Where does time go?) they are growing into such beautiful young ladies inside and out.  Of course, no trip would be complete with out a trip to In N Out or the Bellagio water/light show at night.  The sunshine was so nice I soaked up every bit I could!
    
     Can I just give a quick shout out to my AMAZING husband!  He made this trip possible for me, took Friday off work, homeschooled the kids, the house was still clean when I came home, the kids were bathed and dressed for church (and matching) when he picked me up from the airport.  He is the most thoughtful, amazing man I know!  *So Blessed*      

     To finish the month J and his brother took off to Oklahoma to visit James and his family (I can post pictures if my SIL Sarah sends me some, hint, hint ( ; ).  I am so glad they had a brief lull in their work and could escape for some "Brother time".  I am sure they had a blast with their nephews!

     Meanwhile, back at home my parents darted north for a quick visit.  Grandpa and C are having some important discussions here about their future gun collections from the Remington Catalog, lol.  My mom and I were also able to escape for some Mom and daughter time and little shopping.  It was a special treat!
     Here is Grandma and and CC.  He's becoming quite the busy and curious toddler!  And LOVED spending time with Grandma and Grandpa!


    

No comments:

Post a Comment