God has a sense of humor doesn't He? But in that... ...He ALWAYS knows what is best for us. If you read our Bio on this blog, you know that God used the GIFT of infertility to add two (perhaps three in the coming months) beautiful children to our family. They are OURs and we are THEIRs forever and always, the way all children belong in a family. And we were are content.
It was around the second year we were married that we took time to grieve, that it seemed the reality was we would never have biological children. My husband and I both did that in very different ways, but each in our own and together. From that point on we turned our prayers toward adoption and started taking baby steps toward that direction. Reading book, taking classses, homestudies, background checks, on and on, one step at a time. Once we took that time (to grieve the loss) I can honestly say I never looked back. Not a twinge of sadness when a friend or sister in law announced their up coming blessing. Not a prayer that God would change his plan for our family. No uncomfortableness when a movie talked or presented a struggle with infertility. God promises to give "Peace that passeth all understanding..." and that is exactly what He did for us here.
"Well meaning" friends and family would say they were we're praying we would get pregnant or "Honey, someday God will give you your own." Or ask me if I hurt when others were celebrating pregnancy and new arrivals. All out of genuine love and care. But I wanted to shout, "These ARE my own, my very own and always will be." To be honest, I pitied the pregnant a little. ( : We have had 19 little ones come and go through our home on the last 3 years. I experienced no stretch marks, nausea, postpartum, and baby weight to work off. I know those things come with their own blessings... ...but they were not for me and
On that note... ...back to God having a sense of humor... ...we are shocked, suprised, and excited to announce we are pregnant! This July will be our 7th wedding anniversary and shortly after we will welcome a new baby into the family. How does that change our family dynamics? I'm a momma of FOUR! That's it. JJ with her sparkling eyes is my oldest, my "first born" so to speak. Caleb is the "Biggest brother in the house" with his sunshine smile. CC (though not official ours YET) keeps us laughing everyday and is my "Chocolate Eyed Baby Bear". Sorensen #4, though added to our family in a different way than the rest will just as much be OURS, no more or less than the rest.
From the strange Foster/Adoptive Momma side of me reflecting on this preganancy here are some funny thoughts that keep me smiling. 1) I have NO IDEA what I am doing and what I am preparing for~ it's time to dive into some reading material. 2) I think I may prefer an hours notice to my childrens arrival than 9 months... ...that's TOO much time to plan. 3) I actually get to name this one... 4) I know I get to keep this one from the beginning, no CPS, DSHS, CASA, and court dates. 5) yep, I still don't think I was missing out on all these body changes, lol. Hey, if God can have a sense of humor, so can I.




No comments:
Post a Comment