Tuesday, September 11, 2012

June

We have been playing way too hard this summer to post updates. ( :  So you know all those super amazing ideas for kids/family fun on pinterest?  In June I made a list of all the ones we wanted to do and cut them up in little strips for the Summer Fun Jar!  It keeps this "to-do list" driven momma from missing out on "fun breaks", oh, and the kids had fun too. ( ;
 
With a little baking soda and vinegar we filled up balloons....

...and then played livingroom couch tennis (with the help of a paper plate and large popsicle stick).  I know... ...it's summer, they should be outside.  But we live in Washington and our summers don't really start until after the 4th of July.  Most of our summer fun can be done indoors or out.  I might or might not have made all the fun ideas that HAD to be done outdoors a different color font.  I guess you'll never know.

JJ and CC Pillow fight!
 What a character!  CC truly thinks he is one of the "big kids".  I don't know if this kid can hang around here much longer.  He's eaten almost all the blueberries off my bushes and eats all the guacamole in the house.  But then again, that grin is hard to resist!

 See, I'm telling you, he thinks he is one of the BIG kids.  All summer he chased C around the yard and he pushed his Tonka truck.
 Bubble wrap!  Mass quantities in fact!!! The BIG kids were content for a couple hours, merrily popping a gift from a great neighbor.
 Father's Day!  So this month the kids and I worked on projects to suprise and spoil Dad on his special day.  We made lego cuff links and this "Choo choo massage shirt".  Aaah, it's great to be a Dad! 
 Out on a walk in our neighborhood... ..below is a new friend we visit.  JJ has officially entered her "Horse Phase".  She has been able to meet several different horses this summer and learned to feed them pears and apples.  One day as we were driving home, she was rambling on about a horse she recently met and announced that she had decided to be a cowgirl when she grows up.
 Um, so again, I may, or may not have done this... ( :
On to July... and our Washington summer...

No comments:

Post a Comment